The Walton Wrestling team celebrated their 2016-17 season at the Wrestling Banquet on Sunday night at the Olde Town Athletic Club. Varsity Letters were distributed, along with several special awards that the team members voted on in advance and the coaches announced at the banquet. The special awards included:
- Most Valuable: Devin Quinn (Senior)
- Best Competitor: Ben Hardy (Junior)
- Biggest Heart: Ethan Searcy (Junior)
- Hardest Worker: Ethan Fenwick (Junior)
- Most Improved: Cole Hixon (Sophomore), Tal Brill (Freshman) & Christian Dittlau (Freshman)
Many thanks to Coaches Pete Murphy, Rob Phillips and John Feilmeier for a great season! The team would also like to thank the Wrestling Managers who together served over 600 hours volunteering to work the wrestling events.